- November 27th, 2012
- Property Renovation
- Comments Off
Renovating your house is not an easy task to accomplish. It can take on a great deal of your time and can eat up a lot of resources. That is why if you are planning on doing some renovation in your place, then you should have a plan at least on how to work it out.
Here are some ideas that you can use in order to set about with your plan of renovating your place:
1. The first thing is for you to be absolutely clear on what it is that you would like to achieve. You can’t just proceed with the renovation without really knowing what it is that you would like to accomplish. You need to draw up a plan. The plan is needed so you know what to do and you have some reference to go check on. It can be a full blown plan drawn up by an architect or a simple sketch on a piece of paper.
2. Based on the plan, make sure that you have the right funding for the project. You can come up with a simple estimate of the costs and so you can match that with your budget.
3. If you will be doing an extensive renovation in your place, the first step in the actual work would be demolishing parts of the existing structure. It would help a lot if you are will not be living there during the work period. You should be careful about demolishing areas that might have paint with lead content.
4 Once the parts to be demolished have been taken care of, you can now call in the carpenter to start constructing new walls. They can also start working on enlarging windows.
5. Now is the time for the heating and air con company men to start installation of ducts for the heating and AC system of the house, an electrician may also be required.
6. While the walls are still open, that is the best time for the insulation to be installed.
7. After inspections, you can then have the walls closed up.
Now these are the steps that you can follow when it comes to a very extensive renovation. If you are just planning on a simple one that would not really require any changes with the structure and the walls, then you can probably do that on your own. You don’t have to call in professional to take care of things for you.